Currency

Hi There I am going to kracow onext Friday (5th Dec) and wanted to know the best place to exhcnage money! do I do it beofre I go, at the airport or is the bureau de change in town the better place! and do most resturants except credit cards thanks in advance

- Posted by dorsetsunset from Poland on Nov 28th, 2008

Hi dorsetsunset! The best place to change money is definitely NOT at the airport - the rates are horrid! I suggest you try the 3 or 4 bureaux (called KANTOR in polish) along ulica Slawkowska - one of the roads leading from the Market Square. They pretty much all have the same rates, and those are probably the best you will find. I've just changed some money there today, and the rate to the UK pound was 5.40 - oh, and I guess you are from Dorset - I went to school there long back! Regards, Jabber

- Posted by Jabber from Poland on Dec 1st, 2008

Thanks for that I guess I will have to get some in the uk, to get me to the bureau then...Thats great advice any news on snow?????

- Posted by dorsetsunset from Poland on Dec 1st, 2008

Keep checking the weather page on this site for 5 day forecasts!

- Posted by Jabber from Poland on Dec 2nd, 2008

Thanks I wish I had found this site a few months back....

- Posted by dorsetsunset from Poland on Dec 2nd, 2008

hi - there are plenty of cahspoints around - I just took a little with me and then used the machines

- Posted by spartakev from Poland on Dec 5th, 2008

All well and good using a cash machine - I agree they are easy to use, with all offering English language options. However, you will simply not get as good an exchange rate as changing cash, plus you will have to pay a small bank charge each time you use it - normaly around 2.50 GBP per transaction, often 'hidden' in the poor exchange rate!

- Posted by Jabber from Poland on Dec 5th, 2008

not shown