Missing Poland

I lived in Cracow in 94 and my wife and I went back last year for our honeymoon. It had changed a lot but it was as great as I remembered and my wife fell in love with the city. Her family is Polish and she felt like she was coming home. I registered with this board just to reconnect. Hope all is well in Poland and I can't wait to come back soon.

- Posted by solarfrank from Poland on Sep 28th, 2008

Hi solarfrank - welcome to the message board! Yes, it's a great city. first time I came here was back in '98. I then moved here in 2001 and have found it to be a great place not only to visit but to live in. Sure, there are some changes, but overall they have been for the better. If you like it so much, and your wife is Polish, why not settle here?!

- Posted by Jabber from Poland on Sep 28th, 2008

Hi Jabber. Thanks for the response. We live in the states in the mountains of North Carolina. We are getting ready to have our first child, a little girl, in November. I've been in the Solar industry for a couple of years and hopefully in a few years we could at least come over for a few months. Ideal world would be a business that would let me be in both places. All of our family lives in North Carolina, so it would be tough to leave. Where are you from and what got you to Cracow?

- Posted by solarfrank from Poland on Sep 28th, 2008

I have been in the USA for 1 year, I have visited Europe a bit but Cracow is my place:)

- Posted by peppersgirl from Poland on Sep 29th, 2008

Hi Solarfrank. Actually I am from Zimbabwe (one of those farmers who was kicked off their land!) My wife is Polish, so we moved here. It's a great place to live, but I miss Africa. I like your idea of having a business set-up in Poland, but retaining your ties to NC. I'd like something similar which allows me to retain ties to Africa, but it is not as easy as one would imagine! Not sure that Poland is ready yet for the alternative energy boom, and solar may be a hard sell, given the hours of sunshine - but you never know! Regards, Jabber

- Posted by Jabber from Poland on Oct 1st, 2008

Yeah it is tough to come up with that kind of business. I don't see myself in this business more than 3 to 5 years and your right, solar would be a tough sell in Poland. Sorry about the loss of your farm. It seems the world is spiraling out of control so I guess all we can do is make new friends and keep dialogue going because our leaders seem incapable of doing the same. Hopefully one day we can sit in the square, have a beer and solve the worlds problems.

- Posted by solarfrank from Poland on Oct 1st, 2008

not shown