wisla v spurs

coming over to cracow for the above football match. whilst i am over (3 days ) can anyone suggest where i can sample the local food / beers etc also maybe a tour guide to the death camps etc.

- Posted by ackney from Poland on Sep 7th, 2008

Local food can be sampled in loads of places. Check out the eat section on this site for the Polish cuisine. I'd recommend Chlopskie Jadlo for reasonable prices. For if you want a Guinness while you're hear head for one of the Irish bars, like Nic Nowego or Irish Arms. Polish beers are everywhere so really take your pick of the bars and clubs. Word of warning though, don't wear your Spurs shirt around, especially if you guys end up winning! There are some Polish fans who will take great pleasure in venting their frustration with you. Keep to the city centre though and you should be fine! Enjoy! Legendary!

- Posted by legendary from Poland on Sep 8th, 2008

Two things you want to try while sampling the Polish beer are Golonka (big chunk of pig on a bone)and pierogi - stuffed dumplings. You can organise a tour of Auschwitz through the tourist office - one can be found on the outside of the cloth hall, the market building in the middle of the square. They will organise a mini-van trip with an english speaking guide and pick you up from you hostel/hotel.

- Posted by ILPodgorze from Poland on Sep 8th, 2008

not shown