Exhanging Money

Hi folks, my girlfriend and I will be visiting Kracow for the first time at the end of May. I've been told that out there I can get a much better exchange rate than here in Scotland (as long as I take along English notes rather than Scottish ones) Anyone know if this is the case, and if so how easy it is to exchange? Currently the post office here is giving a rate of roughly 4 zlotych to the pound. is it worth my while taking sterling out there to exchange?

- Posted by tarff26 from Poland on Apr 18th, 2008

Hi! I reckon you are better off bring cash and changing here - the current rate is around 4.2 zloty to the pound. You are right that Scottish pounds are not so easy to change - so bring the English ones if you can! Then go to one of the streets like SLAWKOWSKA STREET and check all the bureaux de change (KANTOR) along the road to see who offers the best rate before changing. Try bargaining with them too - sometimes they will give you a slightly better rate than published, especially for larger amounts of cash! Steer well clear of places on the Market Square or on FLORIANSKA STREET which are most often a ripoff! Good luck! Jabber

- Posted by Jabber from Poland on Apr 18th, 2008

not shown