Life in krakow

Morning, We are a family of 4 and we are from Africa. My husband got a job offer in Krakow for 3 years beginning June 2015. The truth is after reading so many comments on racism in Poland , am a bit afraid to move in Krakow. Please let me know if i have a reason to be worried. Thanks!

- Posted by Abigael from Rwanda on Mar 25th, 2015

I have a Japanese friend who moved away from Krakow because of racism. I know Africans and other people who aren't white who stay in Krakow a long time. I wouldn't know about racism directly. The only impression I have that might be helpful is that the city center is mainly civilised and there are many foreigners, but districts far from the center may have no foreigners and residents may include some people with archaic, backward attitudes. Even I can feel conspicuous in districts where everyone looks like a football hooligan. I think any negative stories that you read take place in these communist-era districts of big apartment blocks. If you look for a cheap place to stay that's big enough for a family of 4, probably these places far from the city center are what you will find. It might be worth living close to the center even though it's more expensive.

- Posted by MisterRocky from Canada on May 24th, 2015

not shown