Salt Mines - Healthy environment ?

Can anyone advise, a trip down the salt mines would the environment have any effect on someone who suffers from asthma ? Many thanks

- Posted by Treesaregree from Poland on Nov 12th, 2007

Im not a doctor but if you believe the tour guide, the air is very theraputic, also its a good cure for a hangover.

- Posted by bazzag from Poland on Nov 12th, 2007

yes, there's a clinic down there for people with all sorts of allergy-related and respiratory illnesses.

- Posted by spoony from Poland on Nov 13th, 2007

I would think it would be perfect for asthma sufferers - only thing to remember is that you have to walk a lot and go down a lot of stairs, so if physical exertion can cause the onset of an asthma attack, you should think about this too... though I'm not a doctor...

- Posted by Jabber from Poland on Nov 13th, 2007

Many thanks for your prompt responses, excuse my ignorance I could not work out whether the atmosphere would affect breathing ! ! Lots of stairs no problem, although I did read that a Welsh Miner thought the stairs were dangerous ! !

- Posted by Treesaregree from Poland on Nov 13th, 2007

you may purchase at an extra cost a pass to take the lift down into the mind and avoid the stairs (the pass for the lift up is included in regular ticket prices). this tour is excellent for anyone suffering from respiratory problems. to book a tour with transportation from your hotel in Krakow have a look at http://www.Krakow-Tours.com

- Posted by kriminal from Poland on Nov 16th, 2007

not shown