Barbados Travel tips
Here are some useful tips for your stay in Barbados. Enjoy!
- Beaches on the East Coast are not safe for swimming. Stick to the West Coast for your water fun !
- Avoid the small 'apples' on the beach, which are from poisonous manchineel trees. They cause blistering.
- Take care if walking on the roads. Buses and cars often travel fast and there are few pavements.
- US dollars are accepted everywhere, but often only in smaller denominations. Avoid carrying 100 USD dollar bills for this reason.
- Dengue Fever and Chikungunya are serious diseases carried by mosquitoes. Keep well covered up and spray yourself regularly with repellant.